Proof of Identity
To comply with the law and to protect you and your money – when applying for an account or product with the Credit Union, we’ll need some documents to go with your application. To find out what we require from you, simply select the category you fall under.
Having trouble providing the correct documents?
Please contact our friendly team on 03336 000690 for advice. We will do what we can to help.
If applying by post: As we cannot return documents received in the post; valuable personal ID documents should be photocopied and certified by a regulated professional person or someone holding a position of responsibility (eg lawyer, banker, doctor, dentist, teacher, bank/building society manager, minister of religion, JP, post/sub-post master, local authority official).
The person certifying must sign and print date, name, position held, organisation name (or official stamp) and state “original seen” and where applicable “photo is a true likeness of the applicant”.
– Valid passport
– UK Photocard Driving Licence (full or provisional)
– Firearms certificate or shotgun licence
– UK/EU Photo National ID Card
– Northern Ireland voters card
List B: There should be at least 1 item from the list for proof of identity, but these must be supplemented by an item from list C
– Home Office residency permit
– Notice of Tax Coding (current year)
– State Pension / Benefits letter / book
– HM Forces ID Card
– HM Revenue Tax Notification (P45/ P60) for the current year
– Student Card
– UK Bus Pass
– Letter from a partner organisation confirming identity
List C: There should be at least 1 item from the list for proof of address
-Utility Bill, e.g. Gas, Electric, Water of Telephone Bills (not more than 3 months old)
– Bank / Building Society / Credit Union Statement
– Mortgage Statement
– Council Tax Demand
– State Pension / Benefits Letter / book
– Inland Revenue document
– Housing Association Tenancy Agreement/ Letter / Rent Book/card
– Local Authority Tenancy Agreement/ Letter / Rent Book/card
– UK Driving Licence (old style)
– Solicitor’s letter
In all cases we must see current / up to date copies of the above.
If you do not have any of the above documents we will consider a combination of items that may include:
– Bank cards, birth certificates, NI cards, NHS cards, wages slips, mail order catalogue statements, life insurance statements.
However these items will never be accepted on their own.
Online Membership Form
Last three payslips and a recent bank statement showing at least two months’ worth of income.
Self employed income
Please speak to us before making an application 03336 000690
Benefits or Pension
Recent bank or Post Office statements showing at least two months’ worth of income. Latest award letters for all DWP payments to be included in the application form
We may ask you to give us read-only access to your bank statements through our trusted partner Consents.Online, this allows our loan officer to see the past ninety days of your bank statement over a secure connection.
Alternatively, you can provide printouts of your bank statements, but this will take a few days longer to process while we wait to receive these.