You can save for Christmas 2022 with our special Christmas saving account, at the same time as you repay a loan or just to be prepared! As with all our saving accounts, it is easy to access, just give us a call or go online to access your savings after the 1st of November. All withdrawals are completed the same working day they are requested. So be prepared and have more purchasing power, by savings for Christmas 2022.
- Make deposits as part of your loan repayment, bank transfer or straight from your pay.
- Your money is FSCS protected
- Save at a frequency that suits you, or whenever you can
- Unlocked on 1st November 2022
See how it can add up!
These examples are based on savings commencing in January, but you can open your Christmas savings account whenever it suits you.
Open a Christmas Savings Account
Terms & Conditions
1. The Christmas saving account is only available to existing ESL Credit Union members and may be opened by contacting the office by telephone or by completing a Christmas Savings Club Application Form.
2. A minimum balance of £5 must be maintained in the Christmas saving account for the account to remain open.
3. Savings can be paid into the Christmas savings account throughout any given calendar year.
4. Any withdrawals from this account between 1st January to 31st October of the same year will incur a £5 penalty per withdrawal.
5. From 1st November until 31st December you can access these funds without penalty.
6. You can make a withdrawal by telephone or via our online banking.
7. You can make lump sum deposits at any time into the Christmas Savings Account subject to any applicable limits.
8. Regular or lump sum deposits can also be made by bank transfer, payroll deduction, debit card, or cash at our Austin Street shop.
9. The total savings balance of both your share account and Christmas Saver account can not exceed the FSCS limits in operation at the time.
10. Please note, no interest is paid on Christmas saving accounts.
11. Any request to close the account must be made in writing. Closing the Christmas saving account between 1st January and 31st October will result in a £5 penalty being charged.