Can I join?
Anyone who joins a credit union has to have something in common with the other members. This is called the ‘common bond’ and is part of the legal status of the credit union.
To join our Credit Union: you must either live, work, study or volunteer inside the boundaries of Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire or North Essex.
Post Code List for North Essex:
So you need to be able to assure the credit union of at least one of the following:
- I live within the above area;
- I work in the above area (full-time or part-time, permanent or temporary, casual as and when required, paid or unpaid);
- I work outside the above area, but I do some of my duties within the area;
- I am self-employed and I work within the above areas;
- I am a volunteer in the above area;
- I attend full-time or part-time education within the above areas.
I am employed by:
- East of England Co-operative Society Ltd
- East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust
- Freebridge Housing Association
or I am a tenant of one of:
- Flagship Housing Association
- Orbit Housing Group
- Riverside Housing Association
When becoming a member you will be required to show proof of your identity. Don’t worry we accept a much wider range than banks do, but see our ID requirements for more information.